The Parish Council continues to receive regular information updates from Leeds City Council – please click on the links below to be redirected to the important and useful updates/information received recently on the matters listed:
Health & Wellbeing
- Leeds Cancer Awareness has issued an urgent press release reminding people to visit their GP and follow-up on any signs and symptoms of cancer. To download the press release, click here and select the file called “GPs Urgent Media Release April 2020 – Cancer Signs & Symptoms”
- Leeds Directory are reminding isolated people how to connect to social or support groups – see the information they posted on Twitter here. Their helpline is open Monday – Friday 9am to 5pm – 0113 378 4610.
- For the latest information on funding opportunities for community projects, click here and download the file called “Funding for projects in Leeds (Coronavira pandemic related), April 2020”
- LCC has issued an update on business grants – please see their posts on Twitter and LinkedIn
- 100% Digital Leeds have a new fund available to support third sector organisations in their digital response to the outbreak – see their posts on Twitter and LinkedIn
- If you’d like to share a story about what local people are doing for themselves and how they are helping their neighbours during the COVID-19 outbreak, go to the newly launched Together Apart website where you can share a story and add photos for others to see. To be redirected to the website, click here.
- West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service request people do not use sky lanterns to show their support for the NHS – see their Tweet here.
- The central government has issued some new guidance regarding holding safe funerals. To be redirected to Leeds City Council’s webpage which contains details of these updates, please click here.
#StayHome #ProtectTheNHS #SaveLives