First of all we have some good news to share – as of 20.04.20, over 250 patients who had been diagnosed with Covid-19 have been safely discharged to continue their recovery at home, as confirmed by the Leeds Teaching Hospital Trust – to see their Tweet about this, click here.
For the latest information and updates the Parish Council has received from Leeds City Council, please click on the links below to be redirected as follows:
Education & Online Learning:
- Earlier this week, the Education Secretary announced a new package of measures to support online learning to ensure vulnerable children and disadvantaged young people at vital stages of their education have access to essential resources at home. To be redirected to the LCC webpage on this, click here.
- A brand-new enterprise called Oak National Academy has been created by 40 teachers from some of the leading schools across England, backed by government grant funding. It will provide 180 video lessons each week, across a broad range of subjects from maths to art to languages, for every year group from Reception through to Year 10.
- BBC Bitesize has also launched its own education package across TV and online.
Health & Wellbeing
- “Your NHS is here for you” – The NHS is reminding people to contact their GP surgery if they have any medical concerns, or to go to A&E/dial 999 in an emergency. Please do not put off seeking medical attention if you need it. To view the NHS’s campaign booklet, click here and download filename “NHS Campaign Coronavirus – A5 Booklet”.
- To view LCC’s Tweet regarding the extended lockdown period, click here.
- LCC recently issued a Coronavirus leaflet to all households in the city – to listen to the audio version on YouTube, click here.
- Child Friendly Leeds shared their latest competition theme to share posts which spread the message to #StayActive and healthy during lockdown – click here to see their Tweet
- LCC has thanked our sister city Hangzhou, China, for their donation of 10,000 face masks for frontline care workers across the city – view LCC’s Instagram post here and their Tweet here.
- Ramadan Mubarak to all Muslims. Please see LCC’s leaflet on how to safely take part in this holy month by clicking here and downloading filename “LCC Guidance for Ramadan during COVID-19”.
- A message from HMRC: We are aware of scammers claiming to be us offering financial support as a result of coronavirus. HMRC will never text, email or phone to ask for bank details, PIN or password. To see their Tweet, click here.
- Brown bin collections remain suspended but will be restarted as soon as possible. In the meantime, for tips on how to reduce your rubbish, click here to see Zero Waste Leeds’ tips on this. The Yorkshire Evening Post has also shared a useful article detailing the current arrangements for bin collections on – see their Tweet here.
#StayHome #ProtectTheNHS #SaveLives