Further to the Prime Minister’s broadcast on 10.05.20, please see information from Leeds City Council regarding parks they run, plus an update regarding Lotherton Hall:
From 13th May:
- Council parks and car parks will reopen but playgrounds in parks will remain closed and the gates locked with notices in place. Outdoor gym equipment in parks is also still off limits and toilet facilities will remain closed.
- Multi use games areas will reopen.
- Fishing and use of bowling greens in parks will be allowed.
- The Arium will be open to the public for plant and sundry sales. The café will remain closed.
- Lortherton Hall car park and grounds will reopen, but all other facilities (hall, Wildlife World, cafe, shops, toilets, playground) will remain closed. Gates open 8am and close at 6pm prompt.
From 22nd May:
- Roundhay Park and Temple Newsam golf courses will open.
From 1st June:
- Park cafes and concessions will be open (takeaway only).
A Leeds City Council spokesperson said:
“Although we are beginning to open up some of the facilities that have been closed in our parks and green spaces again, visitors must still strictly adhere to the social distancing guidance set out by government by remaining 2 metres away from anyone not in their household.
“We continue to follow the national guidance around managing the impact of Coronavirus in Leeds and will ensure any changes we implement over the next days, weeks and months are done so as safely as possible.”
Advice and guidance for local residents and communities can be found on the .gov.uk website
Information and advice for local businesses can be found here
Please remember to take litter and dog waste home and dispose of it there until LCC is able to empty public litter bins again. Your co-operation with this is greatly appreciated – thank you.
#StayAlert #ControlTheVirus #SaveLives