This website is run by Aberford & District Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- zoom in up 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigage most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reading (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We have also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible is this website?
- We know some parts of this website aren’t fully accessible:
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- some PDF documents aren’t fully accessible to screen reader software
- you can’t skip to the main content when using a screen reader
What to do if you can’t access parts of this website
- If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, Word, large print, easy read,
- email email@example.com
- call – 07719 797 072
We will consider your request and get back to you in within 10 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page or think we’re not meeting the requirements of the accessibility regulations, contact: the Parish Council Clerk – email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 07719 797 072.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the accessibility regulations. If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS)
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Aberford & District Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
We continue our efforts to constantly improve the accessibility of this website and services in the belief that it is our collective moral obligation to allow seamless accessible and unhindered use including those with disabilities.
Despite our efforts to make all pages and content on this website fully accessible, some content may not be fully adapted to the strictest accessibility standards. This may be a result of us not having found or identified the most appropriate technological solution.